Back-to-School Mornings Started Right
Back in the Habit: Fuel Your Day
We've all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and rightfully so. Getting fueled with the nutrients we need to kick-start our morning means less mid-day hunger pains and a stronger metabolism. Check out recipes for both you and the kiddos that will keep your day fueled – whether on the way to the gym or getting them out the door to school.
Enlightened Super Oatmeal
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- Organic oatmeal
- 4 tbsp raw, chunky almond butter
- 3 tbsp raw, unsweetened canned coconut milk
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 2 scoops Enlighten supplement powder, flavor of choice
- Dash of freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Fresh or dried fruit, nuts (optional)
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a small pan over medium heat, stirring often until thoroughly combined and warm. Add fresh or dried fruit and/or nuts for additional texture and flavor.
For the Kids:
Made with Little Prodigy, a mighty combo of vitamins and nutrients designed to support brain health and recall activity, this peanut butter shake is a tasty way to travel to school or soccer practice.
Peanut Butter Prodigy
- 1 tbsp organic peanut butter
- 1 scoop Little Prodigy
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tsp flax seed
- Cashew/coconut/or almond milk
Directions: Mix in a blender and enjoy!